Green tea has long been considered as an herbal remedy for headaches and depression and helps prevent aging. Try green tea beauty treatments for smooth white skin, youthful eyes and natural smooth hair!
Green tea contains many antioxidants, enzymes as well as amino acids that are beneficial for body shape. Green tea also provides the substances your body needs like B vitamins, manganese, potassium, magnesium and caffeine. Not only is it healthy, but green tea is also beneficial for skin and hair. Here are 10 beauty tips with green tea you can try to improve your appearance with natural ingredients.
1. Help whiten skin
Green tea helps you to improve skin pigmentation and skin health. You can use green tea to treat redness or scars on the skin. Green tea also removes toxins, reduces inflammation and increases skin elasticity.
A 2003 study by the Georgia College of Medicine said that green tea helps skin look younger as well as cure skin ailments and wounds.
Make a green tea mask to nourish your skin by following these steps:
- Cut 2 tea bags used to get the green tea residue.
- Add 1–2 teaspoons of raw honey to the tea grounds.
- Mix in a little lemon juice.
- Apply on face for 5–10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
You should apply this mask once a week.
2. Reduces dark circles
The antioxidants and astringents in green tea work to help you treat swollen eyes by shrinking blood vessels in the sensitive eye area. Vitamin K in tea also helps to brighten dark circles under eyes.
For eye care, try the following:
- Place 2 bags of green tea in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Once the tea bag has cooled, close your eyes and place the tea bag over your eye.
- Relax and wait 15 minutes.
Do this twice a day until you get the results you want.
3. Prevent skin aging
Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant functions. You can use green tea to repel signs of aging such as skin no longer smooth or sunburns, age spots. Green tea not only has the ability to neutralize harmful free radicals and aging skin but also helps prevent skin cancer.
You can try one of these two types of green tea masks at home:
- Mix 45g yogurt, 15g green tea powder and some turmeric powder.
- Apply this mixture on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Mix 15g of matcha powder with water until you have a chewy mixture. If you have dry skin, mix in 7.5g of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture on your face and wait until it is completely dry, then rinse it off with warm water.
You can use this mask 1–2 times a week.
4. Cure skin acne
Green tea has a number of antibacterial properties to help you cure acne caused by bacteria. These substances also help to regulate the hormone imbalance in the body to avoid acne.
The anti-inflammatory properties in green tea can also cure the redness and inflammation caused by acne.
A 2012 study in the Journal of Investigative Dermatogory concluded that the EGCG in green tea helps treat acne by modulating intracellular molecules and inhibiting acne-causing bacteria.
To use green tea to treat acne, refer to the following recipe:
- Dilute 60ml of freshly cooked green tea with water.
- Use a cotton ball to soak the tea and wipe over the affected area.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse with cool water.
You can do this twice daily until the pimples are gone.
5. Make skin care toner
Green tea is not only a healthy drink, but also a toner for the skin. Green tea can remove dirt from the skin, shrink pores, and make skin brighter and smoother.
You can make your own toner from green tea according to the following guidelines:
- Cook 500ml of green tea and let it cool.
- Add a few drops of essential oil you like.
- Place the solution in a spray bottle to spray on your face or use a cotton ball to wipe the solution on your face.
Use this toner twice a day. People with psoriasis or red facial skin can do this as well.
6. Helps hair to grow faster
Green tea contains many antioxidants that are capable of stimulating faster hair length and preventing hair loss. The tea also stimulates hair growth and prevents problems such as dry scalp and dandruff.
You can take care of your hair with green tea in the following ways:
- After washing your hair, rinse it with green tea.
- Wait 10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
You can do this 2–3 times a week and combine with drinking 2–3 cups of green tea daily for healthy and beautiful hair.
7. Sunscreen for skin
Green tea can protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays, soothe and cure sunburns.
An experiment was published in the sheet Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Journal 2011 showed that EGCG in green tea can prevent melanoma by controlling genes that cause inflammation.
To treat sunburns, try the following:
- Cook 500 – 750ml of green tea and keep in the refrigerator.
- Once the tea is cool, absorb the tea with a soft cloth and apply it to the sunburned area.
You can do this 2–3 times a day for pain and redness.
8. Make your hair shiny and healthy
Green tea not only promotes hair growth, but can also help keep hair healthy and vibrant because it is rich in panthenol, vitamin E and vitamin C. Green tea also protects hair from environmental pollution and chemicals from Hair care products.
Here’s how to take care of your hair with green tea:
- Soak 2–3 green tea bags in 1 liter of hot water for one hour.
- Remove the tea bags and wait for the water to cool.
- Moisten hair and rinse hair with the above solution.
- Wait 10 minutes and wash your hair with shampoo.
- Rinse with cool water to keep hair shiny.
You can do this 2–3 times a week.
9. Minimize pores
Large pores are prone to clogging and inflammation. Green tea has antioxidant and astringent properties, so it can help minimize these pores. Your skin will also be smoother and firmer when the pores are minimized.
You can minimize your pores by the following:
- Cook about 250ml of thick tea and let cool.
- Mix a little tea with about 30g of mineral clay until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Apply this mixture on your face to make a mask. Once the mixture has dried completely, gently remove the mask and rinse your face with warm water.
You should combine masking with drinking green tea every day to detoxify the body.
The dried tea leaves have a slightly coarse texture, so you can help you exfoliate your skin and purify it.
Use one of the following two scrubs:
- Mix 15ml of dried green tea, about 200g of sugar, about 220g of extra virgin olive oil and about 40g of pure honey.
- Apply the mixture to your face or body in a circular motion.
- Rinse with warm water.
- You can use this to exfoliate your face 1-2 times a week.
- Mix 1 green tea bag with about 80ml of water and let it cool.
- Pour about 15ml of tea above into the bowl and add about 30g of sugar. If the mixture is still liquid, add sugar.
You can exfoliate with this mixture 1–2 times a week.
Green tea not only has health benefits, but also helps with your appearance. Applying a green tea mask, rinsing your hair with soap, or steaming your face with tea water is becoming increasingly popular. Try green tea beauty treatments to improve your skin and hair!
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Source link < 10 beauty tips with green tea you should try > HealthCPN.com