Some people can convert body weight into muscle very simply. Usually, however, that is a challenge for the majority. Most people often don’t know how to exercise properly.
The most important thing to a successful exercise program is understanding the elements of muscle-building activities. These include intensity (weight), mass (number of exercises and sets), duration (combined or singly), pace (speed of lifting weights), and rest intervals.
A successful exercise program needs to use these principles to create the necessary muscle tension, exert a sufficiently strong effect on the muscles and metabolism, thereby stimulating muscle growth. We used to think that hormones were the most important ingredient for muscle gain. Therefore, people tend to focus on the responses of testosterone, growth hormone, and IGF-1. However, today we know that anabolic hormones do not help with muscle gain. Instead, researchers have found that muscle tension, muscle damage and accelerated metabolism are the main causes of muscle growth.
These processes are very complicated to explain, but they are applied in a very easy way. Here are 10 tips to help you in gaining muscle when exercising:
1. Know what you are doing, and then set your goals
Every time you exercise, set a specific goal for the intensity and time you will need to reach for each weight lift, each workout, each training week and each training cycle.
2. Practice in phases
Often people tend to repeat the same exercise over several months and even years. The type of exercise, the number of repetitions, and the intensity of the exercises should change every 3-6 weeks (maximum 8 weeks). In addition, there are strengthening exercises to reduce injury, reduce tuberculosis and avoid causing central nervous fatigue. To optimize muscle growth, the training process should be designed by a trainer to exercise 70 percent of moderate intensity, and the remaining 30 percent at a higher intensity with heavy weights.
3. Improve training techniques
Correct technique is very important! If the muscles cannot be activated properly they will not develop. This is the fastest way to fail and become friends with the physiotherapist. Avoid skipping steps often and don’t use force to lift weights. Keep a strict pace and avoid letting the dumbbell fall with gravity. Find ways to improve your intensity by starting at a moderate pace. Try for 4 seconds to put the dumbbells down and 1-2 seconds to bend.
4. Focus on practice
Workout boosts metabolism by exercising moderately with short breaks (from 10 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on exercise)
5. Know your body
The type of muscle fiber will determine your ability to exercise. For example, if you excel in speed and jumping skills, your muscles are mainly composed of fast twitch fibers. Therefore, you should train with heavy weight and few times lifting weights each time. For slow people, you should choose the number of repetitions and high intensity.
Your body grows and heals during rest. When you’re not exercising, you need to optimize your recovery. Eat more antioxidant-rich foods and get enough sleep. Sleep is known as an “athlete’s steroid”, because it improves athletic performance by up to 10 percent. The amount of sleep required depends on the individual, but some of the world’s top coaches recommend at least 10 hours of sleep a night if you’re trying to gain muscle.
7. Avoid steady and stretched machine exercises
If you are looking to gain muscle, stretching steady cardio exercises may not be the right choice. Instead, exercise intensely for only a short period of time. For best results, try some hard exercises, especially for women.
8. Practice at the best timing
Depending on the individual schedule so that you can follow in the long run. However, according to science, the best time to practice is 14:00 – 17:00. Muscle strength peaked around around this time and protein synthesis began at 5pm.
9. Provide protein for the body
Charles Poliquin recommends: “The body needs at least 2.38g protein / kg / 1 day to be able to develop maximum muscle”. Other experts suggest that athletes should eat at least 1.6g of protein / kg / day. This is a significant amount and eating meat instead of other substances would be more beneficial. Studies have shown that eating meat increases maximum muscle mass.
10. Practice smarter and safer
Don’t give up and don’t follow the principles of gaining muscle mass if it’s just to gain a few extra pounds.
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Source link < 10 training tips to increase muscle mass > HealthCPN.com