Sagging facial skin is not only a sign of age, but also the result of a number of daily habits such as eating sweets, sleeping less, being lazy in skin care … How can you improve and prevent your skin? sagging over time?
Many people have turned to beauty injections or cosmetic surgery to remove loose facial skin. Although botox and filler are becoming more and more popular, cosmetic intervention cannot avoid the risk of complications. Instead, natural solutions that influence your diet, care and exercise will help you reduce sagging skin more safely.
Let’s learn 7 natural ways to help improve sagging facial skin to prolong youth!
1. Limit your sugar intake
Sugar has many negative effects on the body, especially the skin. Regular consumption of sugar triggers a process in the digestive system called “glycation”. Then, sugar molecules will adhere to collagen and elastin fibers, proteins that play a role in skin structure. Sugar will make these proteins lose elasticity and more easily break, leading to aging skin, sagging.
When you gradually limit sugar out of the body, collagen production will be rebalanced, skin will be moisturized and healthier. Follow American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugar you should eat in a day is:
- male: 150 calories per day (equivalent to 9 teaspoons)
- Female: 100 calories per day (equivalent to 6 teaspoons)
2. Moisturize sagging facial skin with coconut oil
Coconut oil is the best moisturizer for your skin. When applying coconut oil to the skin, this oil will be effective in minimizing pores and improving wrinkles, making the skin smooth and moisturized.
In addition, the fatty acids in coconut oil have the ability to penetrate deeply into the skin due to its low molecular weight, acting as a moisturizer. The coconut oil thus provides water to help protect the skin’s natural proteins.
3. Antioxidant enhancement
The skin is the largest organ in the body and is under the influence of oxidation very quickly. That means that the skin will be vulnerable just because of bad daily habits such as lack of sleep, sedentary, eating a lot of fast food, drinking alcohol, smoking … When oxidation, elastin and collagen occur. will degenerate, leading to rapid aging of the skin, causing wrinkles, dehydrated or sagging skin.
Many antioxidant-fortified moisturizers will help revitalize the skin, but the best solution is still to act from the inside. Start with a diet that includes foods rich in antioxidants such as:
• Fruit: Raspberries, blueberries, black currants, pomegranates, plums …
• Vegetable: Spinach, kale, asparagus, cabbage …
• Spices and herbs: KWorld, mint, dill, chili powder, cinnamon, clove, pepper, turmeric …
4. Wash your face to avoid sagging skin
In any case, you should not forget to clean your face before going to bed. Also, it’s important not to forget to take a few extra minutes in the morning and every night to wash your face well, especially if you are wearing thick makeup.
When wearing makeup, substances in cosmetics are gradually absorbed through the pores and accumulate over time, causing skin oxidation. Use a cleanser to remove excess oil or dirt from your skin. Then, you can use a little ice to rub gently on the face to close the pores.
You can learn more: 10 common mistakes when washing your face
5. Enhance beta carotene and vitamin A
The enhancement of beta carotene and vitamin A found in many foods has the ability to prevent and slow down the aging process of the skin. Beta carotene has been shown to block UV rays from the sun, preventing sagging skin. Meanwhile, vitamin A helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastic fibers in the skin.
The recommended daily intake of vitamin A and beta carotene is 30 mg. You can start adding nutrients from foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, cantaloupe … This is a natural skin care that helps prevent sagging skin. just good for health!
6. Use a mask for sagging skin
Mask formulations will help to improve sagging facial skin and many other skin problems. You can make your own cucumber or coconut oil and baking soda masks according to the following instructions to rejuvenate your skin.
Cucumber juice mask
Cucumber mask is an effective skin care formula that you should not ignore. Cucumbers are rich in silica, an essential ingredient in healthy skin tissue and ascorbic acid helps prevent excess water storage in the skin. When applied directly to the skin, cucumber draws toxins from the pores and strengthens the collagen structure underneath the skin.
• Doing: You take a cucumber, peel it and cut it into small pieces, put it in a blender until it’s evenly mixed. Then, use a strainer to separate the cucumber juice.
• How to apply the mask: Wash your face as usual with a cleanser. Next, apply the juice to a cotton pad and smooth it all over face and neck. Leave the cucumber juice on your face for about 20 minutes until dry and rinse with cold water. You can use this beauty formula 2 times per week for the best effect.
Baking soda and coconut oil mask
Both coconut oil and baking soda have great anti-aging benefits. This skincare formula combines two ingredients to help exfoliate the skin, moisturize, promote blood flow under the skin and stimulate collagen production.
• Doing: You choose a glass jar containing the mixture to store for later use. Fill about 1/4 of a jar with coconut oil, add 3 teaspoons of baking soda and mix until a thick paste is made.
• How to apply the mask: In the morning, take a teaspoon of the mixture and smooth it over your face and neck. Do a gentle massage for 1-2 minutes and leave this mask layer for 10 minutes (avoid sensitive eye skin). Finally, rinse your face with cold water and do it again twice a week.
You can learn more: Hydrating Mask by Skin: Tip On How To Do It Now!
7. Exercise for sagging facial skin
Working directly into the facial muscles with exercises is also an effective way to help you reduce sagging facial skin.
Exercises to improve sagging facial skin with a spoon
This exercise is suitable for enhancing cheekbones, reducing nasal wrinkles and improving blood circulation, toning and strengthening neck muscles.
• Doing: You choose a clean spoon, take the handle of the spoon and use the jaw to lift the spoon, hold the position for about 5 – 10 seconds. Then, relax your muscles for about 10 seconds and repeat about 10 times. You can do this every morning when you wake up and every night before going to bed.
Exercises to prevent sagging of the eye muscles
This exercise stimulates muscle lifting in the skin around the eyes as well as the cheekbones. If done regularly, the skin around the eyes and forehead will be gradually rejuvenated.
• Doing: You place your index and middle fingers on your eyes, making a shape like a pair of scissors. Accordingly, the index finger placed on the eyebrow and the middle finger below the eye, on the cheekbone and stretched the skin.
Next, you perform squinting continuously for about 20 seconds, pause for a bit and then continue repeating like that about 10 times. You can do these exercises right before bed and early in the morning when you wake up.
The ways to improve sagging facial skin can take a lot of time, but with perseverance, you will achieve very surprising results. Always keep in mind that a diet combined with exercise will always be the secret to every natural beauty way.
Tuyet Trinh | Health CPN
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Source link < 7 natural ways to help you improve sagging facial skin > HealthCPN.com