Weight control has been an issue in recent decades. The importance of weight control is heightened as weight and lifestyle diseases such as heart disease and diabetes increase. There are many techniques that can help you manage your weight, of which meditation for weight loss is considered a relatively gentle method and is suitable for everyone.
So what is the effect of meditation for weight loss in controlling weight? Please find out in this article with Health CPN!
Why meditation can help you lose weight?
Meditation is considered a fundamental part of yoga, a practice method dating back more than 5,000 years. Meditation has the effect of balancing the “conscious” and “unconscious” part of the human being, allowing us to easily control behavior in the direction we want.
This method has many effects on weight loss, from controlling your appetite, reducing stress to making you more active. You only need to set aside 20 minutes a day to meditate to train your mind and help you lose weight effectively. Here’s why sitting meditation can have an impact on your weight:
1. Meditation helps raise your awareness
Meditation helps to improve people’s intellectual abilities and raise awareness. This technique helps lighten your mind and make it easier to focus on important things that require a lot of attention. The right awareness will help you define your own weight loss goals and adhere to the diet and training methods to achieve this goal.
2. Meditation helps control appetite
Proper meditation will help raise your awareness, helping your mind to become more calm. Stabilizing your mind will help you get rid of your thoughts about food and cravings as well as control your binge eating. By focusing on your weight loss goals, meditation can help you shape a more positive lifestyle, reduce your appetite for harmful foods and replace them with healthier ones.
3. Meditation helps reduce stress
Pressure is a common cause of health problems, especially digestive disorders. When under pressure, your body releases more of the hormone cortisol, a hormone that makes you feel cravings. This is considered a primitive instinct of the human body, the body tends to store energy and accumulate fat to protect itself against difficult situations. The method of meditation can help relax the mind, improve mental health, thereby helping to reduce stress quickly.
4. Meditation helps in better digestion
Meditation is one of the most effective ways to improve digestion. Meditation gives your body more time to break down food into nutrients and absorb them in a better way. Meditation also helps to reduce stress, which in turn promotes a more thorough use of the energy provided by food, so it can prevent food from turning into fat accumulating in the body. .
5. Meditation significantly reduces the basal metabolic rate
Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the amount of calories the body needs to maintain functional activities such as breathing, blood circulation, body temperature control, cell growth, brain function and other nervous system… This index has a great influence on weight loss because the higher the BMR, the faster the calorie burn. Pranayama breathing techniques and meditation help increase BMR and improve the body’s metabolism. This will help manage your weight loss plan in a better way.
How to properly meditate to lose weight?
Meditation is one of the methods that can help you lose weight. However, to achieve optimal results, you need to properly follow the techniques of this method:
- When meditating, combine it with reciting a phrase or sentence. The phrases commonly used in meditation are called mantras, truth language or mantras. Reciting these symbols again and again will help you concentrate and prevent distractions while meditating. Choose words or phrases that are gentle and appropriate for you. Focusing on repeating a word or phrase can improve your ability to focus, absorb, and control your mood.
- One of the things you need to pay attention to when meditating is the need to combine your breathing correctly. The rule of breathing is also very simple, you only need to count up to 4 per inhale and count to 8 per exhale. If counting distracts you, then just take a deep breath. Try to hold the exhalation longer when you inhale as this is more beneficial for your health and mind.
- If you have trouble focusing on your own, seek guidance from a trainer or a yoga app. If you are used to calm mind and feel comfortable meditating on your own, you can do it on your own.
- Always focus on mindfulness while meditating. Maintaining mindfulness during meditation plays a very important role in losing weight, helping you to focus on your set goals and be determined to achieve them. Mindfulness means being aware of what’s going on in your mind and making an informed decision. The mindfulness approach allows you to make the right choices for yourself.
- Visualization techniques in meditation are one of the great powers for people looking to lose weight. You can imagine yourself as being thinner, thereby creating greater motivation to help you strive harder. This increases your chances of achieving your own goals.
Guided meditation to lose weight like?
Guided meditation is a great way for beginners to meditate, especially meditation for weight loss.
There are many helpful ways, focusing entirely on weight loss and can help you visualize, imagine and focus your energies to adapt. The tutorial will help you figure out what you will look like when you are thinner. Instructors can share inspirational stories about people who have achieved their accomplishments and how they stay focused even after losing weight. Guided Meditation also offers tips on how to maintain optimal body weight after weight loss. This will help you increase your willpower and concentration.
Does sitting meditation help you lose weight?
Meditation is just one small part of a chain of interlinked processes. You can’t just rely on meditation to lose weight. A healthy diet and regular exercise will also help. To lose weight, you need to make lifestyle changes by eating healthy foods, increasing your time outdoors, and exercising regularly. Meditation helps connect your mind and your goals, but it is your body that has to take action to be successful.
Some tips for successful weight loss with meditation
Here are a few tips you can use while meditating to lose weight:
- Maintain a daily meditation routine. You should choose a specific time of day to meditate, the time you choose should be when you are most relaxed, less busy, and anxious. Choosing the right practice time will help keep you from being distracted and better focus on your meditation.
- Choose a quiet space to meditate. In addition, you should use accessories to help calm your mind and relax your body.
- To help you feel more at ease when you meditate, use essential oils. Essential oils help your body relax to make it easier to focus on the meditation process.
- Wear comfortable cotton clothing. It is believed that wearing loose clothing will help blood flow more easily, allowing energy to flow more easily through your body.
- Use the right yoga mat and mat to maintain correct sitting posture.
Some things to keep in mind when trying to use meditation techniques to lose weight
There are a few things to keep in mind when using this method of meditation to lose weight:
- Be patient and you will notice how you change each stage. Losing weight by meditating is a time-consuming process and requires participants to be patient.
- Be realistic when setting your goals. An impossible goal will make you feel depressed when you do it.
- Be honest with yourself about your cravings, the things you like and dislike, and the things you believe you can definitely do.
- Limit your thoughts on negative things while you are meditating.
The key to effective meditation is to eliminate negative thoughts. Always think about the things that make you feel most comfortable, relaxed, and relaxed. Meditation is a healthy method that can help you lose weight effectively and sustainably. However, you need to practice regularly and properly to get the results you want.
Phuong Quynh / Health CPN
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
You may be interested in the topic:
Source link < Does meditation for weight loss really pay off? > HealthCPN.com