There are many people who use egg whites to make their own natural masks at home and are applied to a variety of skin types. Although there are no scientific studies to prove the clear benefits of egg whites for the skin, they are widely used in “homemade” skin care treatments.
Discover the potential benefits of an egg white mask with Health CPN, along with some mask recipes that everyone can try to safely use on oily or dry skin!
The main nutritional component of egg whites is protein. One large egg contains 3.6g of protein.
Egg white mask proponents believe this protein has a firming effect and absorbs excess oil from the skin.
Some people also say that egg whites contain vitamins and minerals that may be beneficial for the overall condition of the skin. However, egg whites contain very few nutrients other than protein.
It is important to note that the skin acts as a protective barrier for the rest of the body. It can limit the small amount of substances your body absorbs when you use egg whites in the outer layer of your skin, such as vitamins and minerals.
Should you use egg whites for your face?
The use of egg whites on the face, as an anti-aging mask or home remedy, has many potential risks that are not worth the risk, for example:
- Allergic reaction: Of course, you shouldn’t eat eggs if you’re allergic to egg whites, but you shouldn’t use them on your skin either. Depending on the severity of the allergy, you may experience symptoms such as severe itching, rash, hives, and difficulty breathing when using egg whites on the face.
- Symptoms of intolerance: Unlike egg allergy, egg intolerance can cause inflammation and gastrointestinal discomfort when you eat them. If you use the egg white mask on your face, you still run the risk of getting a small amount of it in your mouth.
- Salmonella infections: There are many dangerous warnings about eating raw foods, as salmonellosis is abundant in raw eggs and meat, as well as contaminated products and water. If you are poisoned, your body will experience gastrointestinal discomfort and last up to 10 days, including diarrhea, nausea and cramps.
- Skin irritation: Almost any substance can cause skin irritation, even if you are not allergic or intolerant. If you experience mild itching, redness, or pimples after using egg whites, stop using them immediately.
- Infection: The idea of applying raw foods to your face is never a good idea, especially if you have any cuts, abrasions, or wounds on your skin. This will make the open wound more likely to have a secondary infection.
Aside from the potential risks, using egg whites as masks really doesn’t work. Your skin may feel soft at first, but the effects disappear quickly after cleansing.
If you are looking for ways to reduce pigmentation, wrinkles and other signs of aging, you should use conventional products that have been clinically tested and proven to be effective.
How to use egg whites safely
If you still want to try an egg white mask, you can minimize skin irritation by choosing the safest egg types possible. This means using tested, organic, pasteurized eggs, instead of eggs obtained directly from newly laid hens.
Safe practices for skin tightening and whitening
There are many more effective and safe home natural products and treatments than egg whites. As a rule of thumb, you should exfoliate and hydrate the skin to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots.
Here are some safe ingredients that help firm and smooth skin:
- Coconut oil provides moisture
- Green tea extract to minimize inflammation and cell damage
- Hydroxy acid helps to exfoliate dead skin cells
- Niacin (vitamin B3) reduces sun damage
- Retinoids contain vitamin A derivatives
- Vitamin C brightens your face
Egg whites are used for facial care purposes to make your skin smoother and brighter. However, if you are looking for a safe and effective anti-aging remedy, you should consider using methods other than egg whites.
YEN DUONG / Health CPN
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
You may be interested in the topic:
Source link < Egg white mask is good for the skin? > HealthCPN.com