How to use beauty menthol will help you have soft lips, improve oily skin and prevent sebum on your scalp.
Peppermint has long been used widely and popularly for the health benefits of this leaf. Not only has the ability to soothe upset stomachs, peppermint also acts as a natural antibacterial agent to help freshen breath.
On the market, this leaf is often used in mouthwash, hand sanitizer or gum products, as peppermint is extremely effective at maintaining oral hygiene. However, not only that, mint or in particular peppermint oil has been shown to be very effective for the care of the body.
Peppermint essential oil is one of the few essential oils that have many uses in many aspects of everyday life. Not only can be used for home fragrance, mosquito repellent, flavoring for conditioner, shampoo, lotion, mint essential oil can also be used in culinary and medical purposes.
Personal care products, in particular, often contain menthol because of its deodorizing, antibacterial, antiseptic, cleansing, and soothing properties. Menthol, a substance contained in mint, is the main ingredient that makes mint so popular. Take a look at 5 ways to use peppermint essential oil to care for your hair, skin and lips.
1. Lips care is always soft
Organic lipsticks purified from peppermint oil help reduce chapped lips to help you care for lips that are softer. In addition, you will be assured to use these lipsticks because these lipsticks usually have a shelf life of 1–2 years.
Products sold in cosmetic stores often have a very good lip balm effect. However, you should carefully read the information printed on the packaging before buying to ensure that the lipstick you choose contains menthol. Keep this in mind, you need to differentiate between peppermint essential oil and peppermint aroma or natural mint, because it is only peppermint essential oil that works best. If possible, you can make your own homemade lip balm with this formula:
- 3 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 12 drops of menthol.
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a water bath or microwave.
- Stir until well-blended.
- Add peppermint oil and stir again.
- Turn off the heat and quickly put the mixture into the container.
- Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight and use for 3–4 months.
2. Improve the condition of oily skin
When the weather gets chilly, your skin is likely to secrete more oil than usual to protect it from flaking. However, this inadvertently can lead to acne. In cases like these, you should use peppermint oil to treat acne. This is due to the fact that peppermint contains antibacterial ingredients that help clean the skin’s surface.
You can minimize acne by improving oily skin condition with the following formula:
- 4 drops of menthol
- 8 drops of tea tree oil
- 200g aloe vera gel
- Mix well before applying directly to oily areas.
- Do this every day until you notice a noticeable improvement in your skin.
3. Minimize sebum on the scalp
On cold days and dry air, your scalp can also produce more oil. This is a common condition in some people. This makes your scalp and hair look greasy and sticky. To improve this, try using peppermint essential oil because it can absorb excess oil build up on the scalp by:
- Mix 2–4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water and add a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Then, apply on scalp and gently massage for a few minutes.
- Finally, wash your hair with shampoo and rinse with warm water.
- Do it regularly, especially on cold days.
4. Moisturize for shiny hair
If your hair is often dry, frizzy and split ends in winter, you should probably spend more time taking care of it. A regular scalp massage with peppermint oil can help. The nutrients contained in mint will help nourish the hair from the roots, while also helping to moisturize the scalp. In addition, not only has a mild fragrance, peppermint essential oil also has a cooling effect on the scalp and makes you feel relaxed.
To moisturize your scalp, you need to do the following:
- Mix 12 drops of peppermint essential oil and 12 drops of rosemary oil in a solution containing olive oil and jojoba oil in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Stir the solution well until completely dissolved.
- Then apply on scalp and gently massage for a few minutes.
- Cover your hair with a hood and let it sit for at least an hour or even overnight.
- Do this once a week to nourish thick, beautiful hair and a healthy scalp.
Besides the many nutritional benefits of peppermint, not everyone knows how to use peppermint essential oil to help improve the condition of oily skin, sticky hair or chapped lips. So, take advantage of this natural beauty treatment right away to stay youthful!
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Source link < How to use menthol beauty oil now you know! > HealthCPN.com