Are these nasty scars taking away the beauty of your feet and making you lose confidence a lot when going to the beach with your friends? The following article will help you find an effective scar removal solution.
Leg scars are difficult to cover, especially during the summer months. You may feel less confident in short pants or swimwear if your legs are scarred. For small scars, you can treat yourself at home to erase or fade them. However, keloids and hypertrophic scars need to be removed with medical procedures.
Use an over-the-counter scarring product to remove scars from the legs
- Scar cream. The creams work by softening and blurring the scars on the legs or any area of the body. If you are wondering what new good products are, the scar care gel Hiruscar is a suggestion for you. Hiruscar, a product of Medinova – Switzerland, one of the leading companies in the field of skin care and scarring, with transparent, non-greasy, fast-absorbing gel that effectively fades scars effectively. Hirucar, with exclusive combination of MPS and Allium Cepa, helps to regulate the formation of connective tissue under the skin, improving both keloids and concave scars. In addition, Hiruscar also contains four skin care ingredients (Allatoin, Vitamin B3, Vitamin E and Aloe) to help soften and brighten the skin of the scar. For best results, use the product continuously for 2 to 6 months;
- Use silicone gel patches. The silicone patches are a great invention for the treatment of scars, especially large scars. The patches are sticky, so they stick to your skin while silicone gel works on the scar to soften, moisten and fade them. Silicone gel patches are available over the counter or you can buy them online. Each box can be used for 8–12 weeks.
Remove scars from your legs with home remedies
- The cream contains vitamin E. Vitamin E is a common ingredient in scarring products. You should apply lotion to the leg scar every day;
- Cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is a natural product that helps to remove scarring of the legs by moisturizing, softening the outer and middle layers of the skin, and smoothing the skin’s surface. You should use pure cocoa or use cocoa butter-based lotion, apply to the scarred area 2–4 times a day;
- Lemon juice. Lemon juice is a common remedy for scarring. Lemon juice helps to fade scars, acts as an anti-inflammatory, reduces redness, and also has an exfoliating feature to help regenerate the skin. While some people acknowledge the magic of this approach, dermatologists do not recognize and recommend this practice because lemon juice has a strong, drying effect, moreover lemon juice is not. Scientifically proven to be effective in scarring.
See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon
You should see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss options for scar removal if home remedies aren’t working. During the first consultation, your doctor will examine the scar and discuss with you the risks and effects of each treatment.
Medical therapies help remove scars from the legs
- Steroid injections. Steroid injections have been used successfully in the treatment of keloids, a scar that is difficult to erase. For small keloids, doctors inject a steroid containing hydrocortisone directly into the skin around the scar. For larger keloids, sometimes doctors remove a portion before taking the steroid;
- Collagen or other fillers. Injections of collagen or other fillers will be very helpful in fading concave scars, such as those caused by chickenpox. Collagen is a natural animal protein that is injected into the skin, helping to fill concave scars. Although very effective, collagen treatments don’t last long, as the body only absorbs natural collagen. You will need to inject a filler into the scar after about four months;
- Skin abrasion. This is an exfoliating method that uses a metal roller to remove the top layers of skin that lie on and around the scar. A few weeks after the procedure, new skin will form and the size of the scar will decrease significantly. This method is commonly used for acne scarring and facial scarring, but is still done for scarring of the legs. Foot abrasion is a delicate procedure because the skin on the feet is very thin and there is a greater risk of damage if done wrongly;
- Laser treatment. Laser treatment is a great option for improving the surface of deeper scars compared to the two methods above. The laser will burn away the scar tissue, allowing young skin to form and replace the scar surface. The skin where the scar is treated will be numbed with a specific cream in advance, so the treatment will not cause pain. Another advantage of the laser method is the exact location of the scar, so the surrounding skin is not affected.
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Source link < Quick ways to help you clear leg scars > HealthCPN.com