The daughter’s obsession is when waking up, panicking with acne “accidentally visit”. What is more sad than red, red, painful acne not only causes loss of aesthetics, but also easy complications that cause darkening, scarring after acne if not properly treated. In particular, this type of acne can appear in both puberty and adulthood.
It takes many stages, new acne develops into red, rough, painful bumps.
First of all we need to find “genealogy” of common types of acne from mild to severe:
- Redness / inflammation
- Cystic acne
Located in the 3rd place, proving that red acne is the “evolution” of two types of whiteheads and blackheads, it is easy to switch to pustules, cysts, if not find the cause and correct treatment .
So what are red, swollen pimples?
These are small red spots, usually less than 5 mm in diameter, often with no white or yellow head, when touching pain and pain, more severe will progress to pustules after a few days.
Normally, when you encounter this acne, you should not squeeze it because it is easy to spread to healthy areas if you do not have the method.
The process of red acne formation
Red acne is caused by a comedo – a process in which excess oil and dead cells are combined, causing obstruction, inflammation of the hair follicles (pores). When excess oil is excreted too much and accumulates in the pores, it creates an ideal environment for the acne-causing bacteria Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes).
Common causes of red, swollen pimples
The main cause of acne is due to:
- Due to bacteria accumulation.
- The sebaceous gland is overactive.
- Excess activity of androgens (male sex hormones) causes an imbalance of estrogen.
There are also other causes:
- Side effects from medications.
- Cosmetic allergy that contains toxic substances such as corticosteroids.
How to treat painful red acne, inflammation
Use topical medication to treat red acne
Use over-the-counter topical forms such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinoids (adapalene, tretinoin, tazarotene), antibiotics …
Benzoyl peroxide: You can easily find this ingredient in spot products or all over the face. According to dermatologist Arash Akhavan – a member of the Association of Dermatology and Laser said: This active ingredient is very suitable for those with oily skin that is suffering from acne because of its strong antibacterial ability. So from mild to severe conditions can use this active ingredient.
Salicylic acid: Active ingredient BHA group can dissolve in oil, clean pores and destroy acne.
- Adapalene (Difin): This active ingredient is recommended for red acne, acne because it reduces inflammation, infection, and promotes new cell growth to help skin heal faster.
- Tretinoin (Retin-A): Active ingredient removes dead cells, damaged cells from healthy cells with the reaction of gums, drying acne, mild flaking, inhibiting melanin formation, both treat acne and effectively reduce dark spots.
Note: You should use products that contain this ingredient from a low to high percentage to avoid irritation (0.01%, 0.03%, 0.1%, 0.5%, 1%).
- Tazarotene (Tazorac): Active ingredient is recommended to treat red acne with or without nucleus, effectively controlling sebum. You use the product to dot and apply to acne-prone areas once a day. There are two types that exist: gels and foams (0.1%).
This medicine can kill excess bacteria that cause acne on the skin, and reduce redness and burning pain. They are often used in combination with other treatments such as:
- Erythromycin in combination with benzoyl peroxide (Benzamycin).
- Clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide (BenzaClin).
- Antibiotics are sometimes used with retinoids.
- Use oral medication as prescribed.
Use oral medicine to treat red acne
If red acne is quite severe, your doctor may advise you to take oral medications such as:
Antibiotic drugs: This includes a macrolide such as azithromycin (or erythromycin) or a tetracycline such as doxycycline (or minocycline).
Birth control pills (for women): A combination of estrogen and progestin can help with acne, such as: ortho tri-cyclene or yaz.
Anti-androgen drugs (for women): Spironolactone (aldactone) can suppress androgen’s effect on the oil glands.
Absolutely not squeeze red acne
Usually the red pimples can be swollen or not, but they are often difficult to see. Because red pimples are a natural reaction of the skin when blocked pores from excess oil and dead skin cells. For new red pimples, they will not have pus, after a few days will appear white or yellow pus, painful palpable. Do not rush at this time, because the pus discharge if not cleaned properly and properly will spread to another area of the skin, making the acne worse!
If the redness is mild, you can choose to buy topical products or over-the-counter medications. In case of severe acne, difficult to control, you should see a dermatologist for complete treatment!
Unfortunately, the red blemishes pass through your life, don’t worry, it will only make acne worse! Please calm down! Find out the cause and determine the right type of acne, then make the right treatment decisions for yourself.
Vi Nguyen / Health CPN
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
You may be interested in the topic:
Source link < Swollen red acne: The cause and treatment is definitive > HealthCPN.com