Losing weight is difficult, but maintaining and maintaining a stable weight is not a simple thing. Along refer to the tips below to always have the most balanced body.
Avoiding weight gain is not as simple as cutting calories or exercising. It is a holistic question of creating a healthy lifestyle. There are no quick measures that can prevent weight gain in the long term, but with changes in your daily lifestyle, you can maintain a healthy weight.
Maintain weight by controlling what you eat
Daily diet will affect a lot to keep weight, keep your shape. To maintain a healthy weight, you need to keep in mind the following:
Keep track of your weight and calories consumed
To get started, keep track of your weight and daily eating habits. This will help you to set current status and estimate necessary changes.
- Carry out weighing once a day. Record weight, food and when to eat each day
- Estimate the number of calories you absorb daily
- Be mindful of the ingredients in your meal based on volume, not quantity.
The feeling of hunger can be caused by the foods you eat. Protein and complex carbohydrates tend to stay full longer than simple sugars. Improving your diet will help you eat less. This can help prevent unwanted weight gain.
- The main food groups include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat milk, and lean protein
- Fat-free protein is better for your overall health and keeps you full for longer. Fat-free protein is found in legumes, such as beans, nuts, seeds, poultry, and fish.
How to keep weight by cutting back on sugar
Cane sugar, often added to foods and sweets, can cause unwanted weight gain. Such foods are also often low in nutrients, leading to a feeling of hunger right after eating. The American Heart Association recommends less than 9 teaspoons of sugar per day for men and 6 teaspoons for women.
Eat a lot of complex carbohydrates
Complex carbs, incl whole grains and fiber, filling you up faster than simple carbohydrates. You should eat a lot of whole wheat or whole wheat bread, pasta and whole brown rice and should not eat white rice, bread because they will make you hungry fast.
Discipline yourself to maintain weight
There’s nothing wrong with indulging yourself moderately. In fact, treating yourself occasionally can help you stick to a healthy diet for longer. However, you must be self-disciplined, do not eat more to avoid gaining balance in the following simple ways:
- You can share dinner with loved ones or family
- You can eat what you like, but in small quantities
- You can allow yourself to eat something you like for 1 day a week.
Make a habit of eating on time
Eating on time is an effective way to maintain weight, but few people pay attention to. Eating “make-up” can lead to unwanted weight gain. For example, if you skip breakfast, you may overeat at lunch. Do not eat in front of the television as you may prolong the meal. Try to eat three meals a day at about the same time. This can improve your weight.
Making small changes can help maintain weight
Sometimes, small adjustments in eating habits can cause a large reduction in calories. Try incorporating a few small changes to your diet and notice, you’ll see a huge difference:
- Use vinegar oil for salads instead of mayonnaise
- Use plant-based pasta sauce instead of cream sauce
- Avoid drinking fruit juice. If you crave juice, drink it whole, with no added sugar.
- Use low-fat or fat-free dairy products instead of whole dairy products
- Drink a lot of water. Use low-calorie or no-calorie drinks instead of sugary or high-calorie drinks.
Exercise regularly to maintain weight
Besides diet, exercise is also a key factor to help you maintain a steady weight.
Keep track of your exercise routine
If you want to practice hard work habits, monitor your daily activities by yourself. Keep a note of the type of exercise and how long it takes. This helps you calculate your training capacity to maintain your body weight.
- You shouldn’t include everyday activities like walking to work, or how many stairs you climb, unless it takes you more than 20 minutes a day to do it.
- Do not weigh immediately after exercise. It is possible that your weight will be lower due to exercise, but it does not accurately reflect your actual weight as normal.
Calculate your calorie needs
From weight and height, you can estimate your daily caloric needs along with adjustments for gender, age, and lifestyle. You can look online or ask your doctor how many calories you need. Compared to the amount of calories you consume on a daily basis, the excess indicates that you need exercise.
Make exercise a part of life
Exercise should be like brushing your teeth every morning. This is difficult at first, but in terms of benefits, it’s really great.
- Start with an exercise that you enjoy. This allows you to prolong your passion without feeling depressed and quit.
- You do not need to practice every 60−90 minutes. In fact, the busy work, family, work, society makes this impossible. You can divide this physical activity throughout the day for the same results. A 20-minute walk to work, 30 minutes to the afternoon gym and a 20-minute walk with your dog in the evening is an example.
- You should check with your doctor before starting whether or not you have a medical condition. Your doctor will help you get used to the intensity gradually and not give up.
How to maintain weight with strength training exercises
Muscle burns more calories than fat. You can incorporate aerobic exercises that increase heart rate and muscle building exercises.
- If you do not go to the gym, you can do some simple exercises at home or you can buy more equipment to practice together to help improve efficiency.
- You should talk to your doctor or fitness professional about your condition. They will help you avoid initial stress or injury.
Make the necessary lifestyle changes
The last important factor you need to remember to maintain a healthy weight is having a healthy lifestyle. The following suggestions will make it easy to change for the better:
Manage stress to avoid weight gain
Stress can actually cause weight gain. People who are stressed tend to eat more and seek more calories than healthy foods. Managing your stress level can help prevent weight gain.
- Stress warning signs include symptoms of increased anxiety, muscle tension and irritability. When you have these warning signs, be mindful of what you are eating. Are you really hungry or are you eating due to your mood? Do you eat healthy food or just turn to poor quality foods to fight anxiety?
- Yoga, meditation, muscle relaxation, massage and deep breathing are all great ways to combat stress. Try incorporating some techniques into your everyday life and see how it improves;
- Make arrangements to get enough sleep. Little or poor sleep can cause severe stress. Try to sleep at the right time and get about 8 hours of sleep each night;
- Not everyone can control stress effectively. See a psychiatrist, a counselor to talk about your problem, don’t let stress persist, they can make you mentally disturbed, worsening your health.
Practice deliberate eating habits
Sometimes, the way you eat can lead to over-indulgence. A deliberate eating routine can help you control your food intake and thus control your weight.
- Pay full attention to what you are eating. Don’t watch TV, don’t work, focus entirely on the food and the feelings it gives you;
- Test your feelings while you eat. Notice a time when you feel “full” and “too full”. It helps you to control the amount of food you eat;
- Chew carefully, slowly. Feel every taste of the food fully.
Limit alcohol intake to maintain weight
Alcohol is the main cause of unwanted weight gain for many people. Alcohol is high in empty calories and when drunk, cravings often increase. Therefore, limiting alcohol is one of the ways to keep the weight you need to be aware of.
- Understand what it means to drink in moderation. For women and men over 65, drinking in moderation means drinking no more than one drink per day. For men under 65, drink no more than two drinks a day. One glass is usually equivalent to 350ml of beer, 150ml of wine, or 45ml of brandy;
- In some cases, it can be difficult to refuse drinking, so avoid unnecessary situations, or if you must participate, hold a non-alcoholic drink in hand to avoid some temptation!
- If you go out or go to a bar with friends, you should eat a nutritious meal first. This will help you drink less alcohol and may suppress your appetite after drinking.
Seek support from others
Avoiding weight gain is quite difficult. Many people strive to maintain healthy eating and exercise habits. Seek support from others if you are trying to maintain a healthy weight.
- Talk to your friends and family members about the changes you are making, they can do something to help you. They won’t make sugary treats for you, or plan to eat on weekends for example…;
- Make friends with people who are also losing weight, people in the gym, they will share experiences or be an example for you to strive;
- It’s a good idea to join a support group or an online forum to exchange experiences.
Hope this article has helped you know how to keep your weight steady. Maintaining a healthy weight will help you get in shape, look attractive and have a healthier body.
The articles of Hello Health Group and Health CPN are for reference only, not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Source link < Tips to help you maintain a stable weight > HealthCPN.com